In a bid to foster professionalism and position its people to better compete with their counterparts globally, pay TV company, StarTimes Nigeria have introduced a new policy that covers 75% of the cost, to encourage all staff seek to professional development locally or internationally.
This was contained in a statement signed by Mr Tunde Aina, chief operating officer of the company,.
The statement read in part; “Capacity building for staff must be top priority for any responsible organisation. We pride ourselves as one, with the interest of our entire work-force at heart hence the need to continually roll out friendly policies that seek to develop our people.
We currently live in a fast paced world and to ensure that our people are up to date with international developments and practices, a constant training and re-training is necessary. This new policy will ensure that any staff who wishes to study for personal or professional development gets to do so without hindrance by the expenses.
StarTimes will bear 75% of the total cost of training, leaving just 25% to be covered by the staff. This policy is open to all staff, irrespective of grade, level or contract type and was the first policy introduced when the new CEO, Justin Zhang, a visionary leader who believes in the people took office earlier this year”
StarTimes currently provides direct employment to more than 1,300 staff and indirect jobs to over 3,000 Nigerians through dealer partners across 34 states in the country, making the company a major employer of labour in Nigeria in its over 7 years of operations.