Wednesday, 19 August 2026
Nigeria Communications Week
General News

Buhari Evades Service in Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit- ASRADI

Comms Week28 Jun 20150 Comments
Buhari Evades Service in Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit- ASRADI
Kindly share this post

Incorporated Trustees of Advocacy for Societal Rights Advancement and Development Initiative (ASRADI) has accused President Mohammed Buhari of evading service of the process it filed against him at…


Incorporated Trustees of Advocacy for Societal Rights Advancement and Development Initiative (ASRADI) has accused President Mohammed Buhari of evading service of the process it filed against him at the Federal High Court in Abuja to stop the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed from swearing in as president.

Buhari, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Chief Justice of Nigeria are listed as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Respondents respectively.

Mr Philips Ekpo, counsel to the group, ‎ said Mr Lateef Fagbemi, SAN who had earlier filed a Memorandum of Appearance at the ex-parte hearing (when he was not supposed to be present) not only rejected service at his chamber but also failed to appear when the case came up last week.

He said that the Chief Justice of Nigeria did not appear and was not represented even though he was duly served with the court process.

He said ‎that service on Buhari was rejected at Aso Villa gate.

At the last hearing last Wednesday one Chima Okereke appeared for Buhari but rejected service of the process‎ in court. INEC was represented in court by Abdulaziz Sani.

At the last hearing, the trial judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed‎ suggested July 3rd for hearing but Okereke said he  would not be available until after the vacation.

The judge, therefore, adjourned the matter to the 13th of October.

In the suit, the group said that Buhari did not meet the qualification enshrined in the 1999 Constitution and the Electoral Act to have contested the position of the president of Nigeria at the 2015 general elections.

The group said that ‎it relied on the following grounds in making the application:

"(a.)The 1st Respondent (Buhari) gave false information in the Affidavit he presented to the 2ndRespondent and on the strength of which he contested and purportedly won the presidential election which was conducted by the 2ndRespondent (INEC) on 28thMarch,2015.

C
Published by

Comms Week

Trained and practicing journalist passionate about telecommunications, fintech, cybersecurity, and digital economy reporting.

More in General News