Saturday, 22 August 2026
Nigeria Communications Week
News

Facebook Reportedly Bars Dachomo, Nigerian Anti-Genocide Preacher

Ebere Melum-Nwogbo25 Nov 20250 Comments
Facebook Reportedly Bars Dachomo, Nigerian Anti-Genocide Preacher
Kindly share this post

Meta Platforms, parent company of Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsAp, has deleted the Facebook account of Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo, Plateau State-based, fuelling concerns among his supporters about alleged…

Meta Platforms, parent company of Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsAp, has deleted the Facebook account of Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo, Plateau State-based, fuelling concerns among his supporters about alleged attempts to silence voices speaking on the killings in Nigeria.

Facebook Reportedly Bars Dachomo, Nigerian Anti-Genocide Preacher
Ezekiel Dachomo,

News of Dachomo's account deletion was first disclosed on Facebook by one of the pastor’s supporters and social media influencer, Isaac Show, who said he received a call from Rev. Dachomo notifying him that all his social media accounts had been taken down.

According to Isaac Show, the cleric was informed that his posts were considered to “jeopardise national security,” a claim he strongly rejected.

“A government that sympathises with terrorists,” Show wrote, expressing outrage over the development. He alleged that individuals he described as “terrorist sympathisers” still maintain active social media accounts without consequence.

Show added that his own Facebook page had been shadow-banned, with visibility drastically restricted.

“This is the price we have to pay for following Jesus Christ and speaking the truth and I’ll never give up,” he said.

Rev. Dachomo confirmed the deletion of his account in a brief message to journalists, saying, “It is true my Facebook account has been deleted.”

Rev. Dachomo of recent has gained national and international attention for his outspoken claims that Christians in several parts of Nigeria are facing “genocidal killings.”

He has repeatedly accused armed groups of targeting Christian communities, particularly in Plateau, Benue, Kaduna and Taraba States.

The cleric has documented what he describes as “mass burials” of victims, claiming in a widely circulated interview with British journalist Piers Morgan that he has presided over more than 70 mass burial exercises.

In one of those cases alone, he said 500 people were buried at once.

He repeated similar claims earlier this year while testifying before the United States Congress, where he alleged that global institutions were not paying sufficient attention to what he termed an “ongoing Christian genocide.”

Dachomo has also warned publicly that his life is under threat, stating in several interviews that he is “not afraid to die” as long as he continues speaking out.

The deletion of Rev. Dachomo’s social media accounts is expected to deepen ongoing debates over online censorship, national security, and freedom of religious expression in Nigeria. His supporters argue that silencing voices documenting killings only widens the trust gap between communities and government institutions.

Authorities have not issued an official response regarding the removal of the cleric’s account or the allegations raised by his supporters.

E
Published by

Ebere Melum-Nwogbo

Trained and practicing journalist passionate about telecommunications, fintech, cybersecurity, and digital economy reporting.

More in News