30 results
- 26 Sept 2014
Boko Haram Releases Pregnant, Mentally Ill Chibok Girl
Dr. Pogu Bitrus, national chairman of Chibok Community Development Association, said that the abducted “Chibok girl” released on Wednesday is “pregnant and mentally ill”. He however told TheCable…
- 23 Sept 2014
Controversy over Release of Chibok Girls as Army Back-Tracks
The military has retracted its statement that some of the over 219 schoolgirls abducted from Chibok town in April by Boko Haram, Islamist militants had been freed. Major General Chris Olukolade, Army…
- 21 Jun 2014
219 Chibok Girls Confirmed Missing, Ezekwesili Vows to Fight on
Brig.-Gen. Ibrahim Sabo (rtd.),‎ chairman, Presidential Fact-finding Committee on the Abduction of Chibok Schoolgirls, yesterday disclosed that 219 students of the Government Secondary School,…
- 28 Oct 2014
Boko Haram Sends Chibok Girls to War front
In a disturbing look at the abuses endured by the 219 Chibok schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram, the militant Islamist group; a report by Human Rights Watch (HRW) said that the girls have been forced…
- 30 Jul 2014
Chibok Parents, Leaders Fight Over FG’s N100m Cash Gift
Parents of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls and the community’s leader are at loggerheads over the sharing of the N100m cash gift allegedly given to the parents of the students by President…
- 1 Jul 2014
Military Arrests Abductor of Chibok Girls
The military announced, yesterday, that it has arrested one of the sect’s leaders, who was one of the abductors of the more than 200 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno State. This is coming almost…
- 3 Mar 2015
GEJ Abandons Chibok Girls for Election- Time
Time, the influential American news magazine has given President Goodluck Jonathan a 'terrible' early elections gift by accusing him of abandoning the Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram, the…
- 16 May 2014
Army Sacks GOC over Mutiny as Jonathan Visits Chibok
Major General Abubakar Mohammed, general officer, commanding(GOC), 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, has been relieved of his appointment and Brigadier-General M.Y Ibrahim, acting general…
- 20 Oct 2014
Boko Haram 'Truce' Breached, Release of Chibok Girls Doubtful
A wave of violence hours after Nigeria's government announced a truce with Boko Haram raised doubt on Sunday about whether more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by the Islamist militants will really be…
- 14 Oct 2014
Four Chibok Girls Escape from Boko Haram Militants
Four of the more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by the militant Islamist sect Boko Haram have escaped, raising hopes for the young ones still held captive, according to a report published by New York…
- 24 Oct 2014
Boko Haram Marries Off Chibok Girls to Insurgents, Frees Some Women
Boko Haram insurgents, who reportedly abducted about 50 women and girls from two border villages between Adamawa and Borno states have freed the women among their captives, according to Vanguard…
- 16 May 2014
WISCAR Appeals for Release of Chibok Girls
Women in Successful Careers (WISCAR), a not-for-profit organization that is committed to mentoring young, aspiring career women, continues to plead for the unconditional release of the school…
- 14 Jun 2014
Muslims Want OBJ to Negotiate with Boko Haram
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) on Friday called on the Federal Government to give former President Olusegun Obasanjo the go-ahead to prevail on the Boko Haram extremists to release the abducted Chibok…
- 24 Jun 2014
Boko Haram Proposes Detainees Swap for 219 Girls
Boko Haram has demanded the release of 70 of its members in detention as a condition to free the Chibok girls and has also asked the government to give amnesty to its members. Hajiya Aisha…
- 13 Jun 2014
OBJ Claims Contact with B. Haram, Raises Alarm over Abducted Girls
Olusegun Obasanjo, former president has disclosed that some of the school girls abducted in Chibok, Borno state by Boko haram sect in April 2014 may never return to their family. He also claimed he…
- 20 May 2017
FG Paid Boko Haram Bombers 2m Euros, BBC Source
Federal government allegedly paid two million Euros to secure the release of the 82 Chibok girls, according to a news story posted by British Broadcasting Service (BBC) on its website last night.…
- 21 Oct 2014
Boko Haram Demands Presidential Pardon
Members of the Boko Haram sect have asked the Federal Government to grant them presidential pardon under the ceasefire deal which the two parties reached last Friday. They also sought the immediate…
- 29 Apr 2015
Troops Free 293 Girls, Women from Sambisa Forest
Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, director, Defence Information, yesterday confirmed that the troops of the Nigerian Army rescued 200 girls and 93 women during a raid on Sambisa Forest on Tuesday. When the…
- 25 Jan 2021
CNN’s Inside Africa meets Nigeria’s Techpreneurs
On this week’s Inside Africa, CNN International showcases Nigeria’s entrepreneurial spirit, meeting four start-up stars who are improving the world from Africa’s largest tech hub. Firstly, the…
- 10 Jan 2015
UN Sees Jonathan, Buhari Contest as ‘Grave Test’
Mr. Ban Ki-Moon, secretary general of United Nations (UN), has expressed profound concern about the forthcoming Nigerian election, calling the presidential polls between President…
- 21 Jun 2014
MTN Rejigs Digital Education in Nigeria
MTN, Nigeria’s largest telecommunications company, has concluded its annual staff volunteerism programme tagged ‘21 Days Y’ello Care’. This year’s edition commenced on June 1 focused on education…
- 16 Oct 2014
BBOG Campaigners Plan “Coup” Against Jonathan-Presidency
The Presidency on Thursday said its longstanding view that the agenda of the #BringBackOurGirls campaigners was confirmed on Wednesday with the presence of the movement’s leaders at the presidential…
- 6 Jun 2014
MTN’s 21 Days of Y’ello Care Investment Focuses on Education
MTN, leading information and communications Technology Company in Nigeria, has commenced its annual staff volunteerism programme, 21 Days of Y’ello Care, with this year’s edition focusing on…
- 26 May 2014
Evil Forces Plan to Topple My Govt.-Jonathan
President Goodluck Jonathan has accused those behind the violence in the country of planning to bring down his government. Jonathan, who spoke yesterday at this year’s Democracy Day…
- 1 Jun 2015
MTN Says Y’ello Care 2015 Will Impact Digital Education in Nigeria
MTN, Nigeria’s telecommunications company, has commenced its annual staff volunteerism programme tagged 21 Days of Y’ello Care 2015. This year Y’ello Care, the telecoms giant with about 61 million…
- 15 May 2014
Angry Soldiers Shoot @ GOC in Maiduguri
Ahmadu Mohammed, major general who is the general officer commanding (GOC) 7 Division, Nigerian Army, narrowly escaped death on Wednesday when aggrieved soldiers opened fire on his official vehicle,…
- 30 Jan 2015
World Media, Leaders Rain Invectives on GEJ
President Goodluck Jonathan administration has come under stinging attacks from foreign government officials and the international media over its performance. The attacks which increased…
- 17 Sept 2015
Buhari Insists on Technocrats as Ministers
President Muhamadu Buhari will appoint his ministers before month’s end as he promised although he believes technocrats do much of the job. In a 12-minute interview with France 24 Television during…
- 20 May 2014
Probe of N3Trn Security Vote Tears National Conference Apart
National Conference was on the edge of an uproar yesterday as delegates who reconvened sharply disagreed over the propriety of a probe into the more than N3 trillion expended on security in the…
- 22 Dec 2014
Sheriff Opens Up on Boko Haram, Says Chad Has Solution
Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, former governor of Borno State, has opened up on what he knows about the Boko Haram insurgents currently ravaging states in the northeast and some other parts of the…
